Vegetables Italian Style! Delish beyond Belief.
A kind woman asked 10 year old Danny what his favorite food was and without blinking he yelled "Grandma Sue"s Spinach!" The room stopped as everyone stared at the poor child and then me as surely there was something wrong with a child who loved spinach. Ahhhh, but I dont make ordinary spinach, I cook vegetables Italian Style which is code for Olive Oil & Garlic with a few crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt. Learn the trick to making vegetables that haters will gobble up!
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional but delicious)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two bags fresh baby spinach (or one 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of water)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Saute garlic and pine nuts in the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium low heat, until garlic is softened and just turning golden at the edges. Stir in the crushed red pepper flakes then add spinach; toss to coat, and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes - season with salt and pepper.