Chicken Parmesan Mini Meatloaf
The Fresh Market has such beautiful in-house freshly ground chicken that I decided to create a meatloaf with the flavors of Chicken Parmesan. Everyone gets their own little meatloaf and it really does taste like Chicken Parm. They bake nestled in a little pasta sauce but the subtle flavors do shine. This is super delicious and very easy texture for a bariatric post op to eat.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup Progresso Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs - I use the Panko version
- 1 bottle marinara sauce, I use Gia Russo or Mario Batali brands
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan or romano cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped basil and flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute the garlic onion and carrot in olive oil in a small frying pan, 4 to 6 minutes, until lightly golden and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the chicken, eggs, breadcrumbs, ½ cup marinara sauce, Parmesan, basil & parsley, salt, pepper and about ⅔ of the cooled onion/carrot mixture.
- Pour the remaining sauce and the rest of the sauteed vegetables into a square or oblong baking dish and using a metal ice cream scoop to portion, nestle the mini loaves into the sauce. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until done in center - 155 to 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.