Love this recipe and so will you and your family! The gravy is just divine as the beefiness is cut by the super creaminess of the Fage Greek yogurt. It comes together very quickly and is on the table in half an hour. I serve it with a green vegetable like broccoli or spinach.
- 1 medium onion, cut in half, then sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain. Easier if meat is placed in freezer 30 minutes before slicing
- ¼ cup sherry (sold in supermarket wine dept) - this is optional but elevates the dish
- ¾ cup beef broth - I use Swanson Natural Goodness canned broth
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Fage Greek yogurt (a small container is 6 ounces) or reduced fat sour cream
- Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until golden, 5 to 6 minutes; remove to a bowl. In the same skillet, stir fry the sliced beef until just cooked through, season with salt and lots of black pepper. Add the mushrooms and onions plus any accumulated juices.
- Pour the sherry and broth into the hot skillet, scrape up any browned bits while deglazing and simmer 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Do not boil after the yogurt has been added or sauce will separate.