So much better than a commercially glazed ham… this tastes homemade. It’s sweet yet it is sugar free! The entire family willl LOVE this sticky beautifully glazed ham.
BEST PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM - No Added Sugar
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- One whole fresh pineapple, cored and cut into ½ inch slices, ½ cup juice reserved or One can Dole Pineapple Rings in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One jar Smucker's Sugar Free Apricot or Orange Preserves
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves - to simmer in glaze and stick into the ham
- 3 to 5 pound fully cooked ham
- Sauté the pineapple slices in the butter in a large non stick skillet over high heat until they begin to caramelize and have some color.
- Lower heat, add the preserves, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, 10 whole cloves, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper - cook until thick and syrupy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place ham into a small roasting pan, add ¼ cup water, score the fat and poke whole cloves into the surface.
- Roast in preheated 350 degree oven until hot - about 8 minutes per pound.
- Increase oven temp to 375. Spoon some of the glaze and pan juices over ham, return to oven and cook until some browned edges are created - 10 to 15 minutes - watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Slice and serve with the sautéed pineapple slices and additional glaze.