So much better than a commercially glazed ham… this tastes homemade. It’s sweet yet it is sugar free! The entire family willl LOVE this sticky beautifully glazed ham.
Baked No Sugar Pineapple Glazed Ham
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- One whole fresh pineapple, cored and cut into ½ inch slices, ½ cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One jar of Smucker's Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves - to simmer in glaze and stick into the ham
- Sauté the pineapple slices in the butter in a large non stick skillet until they begin to caramelize and have some color.
- Add the preserves, pineapple juice, vinegar, 10 whole cloves, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper - cook until thick and syrupy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Poke whole cloves into the ham and secure 4 to 6 pineapple rings to the outside of the ham with toothpicks or skewers if desired.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven until glaze thickens, browned edges are created, and ham is just heated through.
- Baste often with reserved glaze but DO NOT burn your glaze. Doneness depends on the size of your ham but a small ham of about 2 pounds takes just 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with pineapple slices and additional glaze.