Salmon with Mango Salsa
One of my favorite dishes. I love my version so much that I never eat this in a restaurant. Its very easy and once you get the basis for making it, you wont need the recipe. Mango salsa makes the salmon so juicy and delicious that it is very easy for a post op to eat. Mash a little of the salmon with the mango and it is a very moist mouthful.
- 2 six ounce pieces of salmon filet
- 2 small ripe Champagne mangoes or 1 of the bigger round ones, peeled and diced
- juice of 2 limes
- about ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- Before cooking your salmon, get all the ingredients chopped, diced, and ready for your salsa.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place flesh side down in a hot non-stick skillet. Do not touch it for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 to 5 minutes on the skin side. Remove to a plate and when cook enough, peel off the skin and discard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, shallot, olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and lightly toss with the mango cubes.
- Place the fish in the center of your plate and spoon over the salsa and juices.