Bottled barbecue sauces have more sugar than candy!
I have read every bottle on the supermarket shelf looking for sauce – some have 12 grams of sugar per tablespoon and who uses a single tablespoon of sauce? NO ONE!
This is delicious and perfect to keep in the fridge for that rotisserie chicken you pick up on the way home from work. Paired with a tossed salad, its a fast and healthy weeknight meal for your family!
- 2 cups ketchup - Heinz makes a low sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ¾ cup Smuckers Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Simmer ketchup, chili powder, mustard, and preserves in a small saucepan over medium low heat for 15 minutes for a snappy no sugar bbq sauce that your entire family will love.
- Take it up a notch and saute a large onion and two garlic cloves in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft and tender before adding ketchup, chili powder, mustard, preserves and liquid smoke. Simmer and enjoy.