This is a lightly sweet dessert that is also a wonderful breakfast or snack as it is truly a good choice food. No guilt! Really delicious.
Make it a weekly addition to your menu. I love when I open the fridge in the morning and there is a Sweet Ricotta Berry Pie to greet me. This is a soft textured custard, not a firm cake. Bake for 20 minutes and check for doneness.
Sweet Ricotta and Berry Pie
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup Truvia or ⅔ cup Splenda Granulated
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One, 15 ounce container POLLY-O original or part skim ricotta cheese (NO fat free as gums and starches turn the dish grainy)
- ½ cup fresh blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using the blender, pulse the eggs, Truvia, milk, vanilla and ricotta until smooth. Pour filling into glass or ceramic pie plate that has been coated with vegetable non stick spray. Drop the berries decoratively into the custard.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is slightly puffed at the edges, barely golden and just set - meaning it should be slightly jiggly in the center when you gently move the pie plate from side to side - a little soft in the center is desired. Remember that it is a custard and doesn't hard set as a cake would.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.