4th of July Flag Cake! Sugar Free and Delish.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated zest of one lemon
- ½ cup Truvia sugar replacer
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding powder
Stars and Stripes
- Fresh Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick vegetable spray and line with wax paper or parchment.
- Whisk together the almond and regular flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, rub together the lemon zest and Truvia using your fingers, until evenly moist and lightly colored. Whisk in the yogurt, butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and blend until just combined. Spread in sheet pan and smooth top.
- Bake until golden brown, top has risen and cake springs back to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, invert onto rack and cool completely. Peel off parchment or waxed paper and cover until serving.
- Begin whipping the cream with an electric hand mixer and when starting to thicken add the pudding powder and continue to beat until fluffy. Vanilla Cream can be made in advance to spread on cake and top with berries just before serving.
- HOW TO DECORATE
- Spread each post card sized cake with Vanilla Cream and decorate with Raspberries and Blueberries.