After bariatric surgery, five small meals a day that center around protein can be a chore unless you know your protein and have a creative streak. Each of these small snacks or meals have at least 10 grams of protein and are an excellent choice for post ops even in earlier stages. Great textures, small portions packed with a nutritional bang, that taste great! Check, check, check, check and check!
1. 1/2 small container of plain Fage 2% Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup berries 18g protein 120 calories
2. one scrambled egg with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan 10g protein 120 calories
3. ten ounce glass nonfat milk 10g protein 97 calories
4. 1/2 cup cottage cheese & pineapple 15g protein 132 calories
5. two mozzarella cheese sticks 15g protein 144 calories
6. 1 cup edamame pods with sea salt 10g protein 86 calories