Killer Chicken Burgers, Best Burger Award!
Serve on an Iceberg or Butter Lettuce 'Bun' with your favorite condiments. I love Creamy Sriracha Sauce.
- 1¼ pounds ground chicken - I buy boneless breasts at Fresh Market to chop in food processor
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or ½ t regular salt)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine the chicken, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, parsley, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mixture will be fairly wet, but portion into 5 burgers. I use a metal ice cream scoop and two pieces of waxed paper for nicely even portioned and flattened burgers. Sear the burgers in a nonstick skillet in 2 teaspoons olive oil, over high heat for a nice crust, then lower heat and gently cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until just cooked through. No need to overcook. Keep them juicy and remember to never smash a burger down with a spatula.