Outrageously good! Why do we only make this bowl of deliciousness at Thanksgiving! I love it for my Greek yogurt year round.
You will want to use leftovers to top you ricotta cheese or plain yogurt. It makes a beautiful crimson sauce for my sugar free Cheesecake, and a spoonful with a scoop of sugar free Pumpkin Custard is off the chain.
Cranberry Sauce - Sugar Free
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- One jar Smucker’s Sugar Free Preserves, any flavor – I like Cherry best, but use Orange, Strawberry, Blackberry or Raspberry
- One 12-ounce bag whole fresh Cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Truvia or Splenda if needed for additional sweetness
- Empty the preserves into a heavy saucepan and heat over medium low for 3 to 4 minutes until they soften and melt.
- Add the cranberries and cinnamon; stirring constantly while mixture comes to a boil; cook until berries begin to pop. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is glossy and thick.
- Crush some of the berries against the side of the pot with your wooden spoon. Stir in the Truvia or Splenda to taste and cook 5 more minutes before removing from heat to cool.
- For a smooth sauce, place in blender and pass through a wire strainer using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer cooled mixture to a covered bowl and chill until ready to serve.