I love this shrimp salad! Shrimp are soft and gelatinous – super easy to eat. Really delicious.
I practically lived on this dish after my surgery as it is an excellent texture for a first puree food when the shrimp are ground a little finer into a spread.
This is also a great appetizer or party food when served with cucumber rounds; just leave the shrimp a little chunkier for texture. My original version called for all mayo, but recent popularity in Greek yogurt has slimmed this down and improved on the original.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp - or 1 pound raw cleaned shrimp sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil until just cooked through
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Fage Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions minced
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning - this is a brand of crab seasoning sold in most supermarkets
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- For salad, place whole shrimp in bowl. For spread, pulse shrimp in food processor until ground but still have some texture, then transfer to bowl.
- Place mayonnaise, yogurt, scallions and Old Bay in food processor and pulse until scallions are very finely minced. Scrape flavored mayonnaise into bowl with the shrimp and parsley, then fold to combine.