No Bake Coconut Cherry Balls
In the 1960's Rum Balls or Bourbon Balls were all the craze. My mother used to make Chocolate Bourbon Balls that us kids were not allowed to eat! This version is so simple you dont even need the oven - you can leave out the liqueur and use an additional tablespoon of preserves for added moisture.
- One 8 ounce package Voortman Sugar Free Iced Almonette Cookies
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons Smucker’s Sugar Free Cherry Preserves
- 1 tablespoon Chambord raspberry liquor (or Amaretto)
- 12 maraschino cherries, stem removed and dried with a paper towel
- In a food processor pulse cookies, ½ cup coconut, and Splenda until finely ground. Add preserves and Chambord, then pulse into mixture is well blended and texture resembles moist sand.
- Divide then form mixture into twelve, 1½ teaspoon balls by gently pressing with your fingertips. (I use a small metal ice cream scoop to measure and start shape) Press your fingertip into the ball to create a hole for the cherry. Pop in the cherry, and press mixture around cherry to seal it. Roll in remaining dried coconut. Store in an airtight container.
Serving size: Makes 12 candies