Classic buttery Christmas cookies. In my home, the holiday does not arrive with out this cookie! Truvia turns out a delicious and sugar free version for all to enjoy.
Spritz Butter Cookies sugar free, made with Truvia sugar replacer
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup Truvia Baking blend sugar replacer
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- decorative sanding sugar - Martha Stewart & Williams Sonoma have beautiful ones
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together the butter, Truvia, egg yolks and vanilla until fluffy - using either food processor or hand mixer. Add the flour and collect into a smooth ball.
- I use a cookie press but if you dont have one, roll the dough into 1 inch balls, arrange on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern like you would with peanut butter cookies. If you have a cookie press, fill the cookie press, insert the desired die and force the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. I love the snowflake and Christmas trees.
- These cookies don't really spread out so you can place them fairly close together. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of colored sugar. Bake at 400 degrees until set and barely light golden brown around the very edges, 5 to 7 minutes - do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack and cool.