Seared Tuna, Ginger Wasabi Dressing, Flashsale @ Fresh Market!
When I walk into The Fresh Market, I first check the meat and fish counters to see what is on sale before buying any vegetables. You never know where your inspiration for supper will come from! This evening I picked up gorgeous Sashimi Tuna steaks on sale 2 for $8, circled back around to produce to pick up baby greens, fresh ginger, a lime and then grab a tube of wasabi paste and jar of sesame seeds. I go to the market every other day to pick up just one or two days meals at a time. Its a throwback to when I lived in Mexico and didn't have a freezer. I learned that the entire world shops at the market each day for just a few items and I have done so ever since.
- Two, 7 ounce sashimi tuna steaks - Fresh Market sale 2 for $8
- Sesame seeds
- Arugula or baby greens
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- ½ teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Rub tuna with a drop of the oil and coat with sesame seeds. Sear for just a few seconds per side in a hot non-stick skillet - use tongs. Place the seared tuna on a plate.
- Whisk oil, lime juice, wasabi and ginger until smooth.
- Slice the tuna across grain it about ⅓ inch slices, arrange on plate with the greens and drizzle with dressing.