This soup is so delicious you could pick up the bowl and drink it!
The red curry paste and coconut milk are the keys to its wonderful mmmmmm flavor. Its very different from the flavors I grew up with so for me, this soup POPS!
Ten Minute Thai Chicken Soup
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup sliced shitake mushrooms - remove tough stems, thinly slice
- 32 ounces (1 carton) Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste - I use Taste of Thai
- 14 ounces (1 can) unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of one lime
- Chopped cilantro
- Sauté the sweet bell pepper and mushrooms in the oil in a large saucepan for 2 to 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add the broth, red curry paste, coconut milk and heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken and simmer until the mixture is hot and bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro just before serving.