Miss Chinese Food? Especially the Fried Rice?
Rice is not a good choice after bariatric surgery. This recipe has all the stir fry flavors but uses a few cups of grated cauliflower – most people would not know the difference. Its really delicious!
- Peanut oil
- ½ cup diced Boars Head Maple Ham - you want a smoky sweet ham flavor -
- ½ cup raw shrimp, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup diced shiitake or white mushrooms
- ½ small head of cauliflower - pulsed in food processor or grated on medium holes of a box grater, about 4 cups total
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped baby bok choy or spinach
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Heat a film of peanut oil in a wok or nonstick skillet over high heat and toss the ham, shrimp, ginger, garlic and shiitake mushrooms 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, bok choy and scallions.
- Continue to toss and cook until cauliflower is tender - move mixture to the side of the wok.
- Add another teaspoon of peanut oil and add the eggs and cook until scrambled, chop using your spatula and mix into your 'Fried Rice'. Season with additional soy sauce if needed.