Meatballs are so tasty and the more you make them the better you get!
This is the way my grandma made them but with ricotta instead of bread crumb to keep the meat tender and juicy. Yum, you will love these. A fast light weeknight supper to serve with a wooden bowl of salad.
- 1¼ pounds lean ground beef or beef & pork meatloaf mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Blend the ground meat with the egg, ricotta, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley in a large bowl until well blended. Roll the mixture into twelve portions, 2 inches in diameter. I use a metal ice cream scoop to portion meatballs.
- Heat a film of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides. Transfer to a bowl while you make the sauce.
- Prepare a pot of Fifteen Minute Italian Red Sauce, adding the meatballs plus all the juices from the bowl. Lower heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve on a plate with a scoop of ricotta if desired and a lightly dressed green salad.