Chopped Chicken BBQ & Honey Mustard Sauce
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
I don't like using store bought ground turkey, but I do buy whole chicken breasts at Fresh Market and pulse them in my food processor into lean fresh minced chicken for 2.99 a pound. This dish is tasty and fast! I also serve it as a BBQ Chicken Salad as well... super satisfying and an easy to eat bariatric texture.
- ½ cup sugar free or low sugar BBQ sauce - I use Stubbs Original
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons whole grain or Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chatcheres Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey or chicken (I pulse whole chicken breast in food processor)
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- Four large romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
- Blend barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, mustard, Creole seasoning, and ½ cup water in skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and allow it to warm and melt into the sauce as it cooks. This will give it a finer texture. Simmer until water has reduced and sauce has thickened.
- Fill each romaine leaf with turkey and drizzle with the prepared dressing.