Sweet Ricotta No Sugar Peach Tart
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
Really delicious, easy to make, creamy and lightly sweet. I also make this with Pineapple! Its a wonderful crust free dessert that everyone will love to eat.
- Two, 15 ounce cans, Libby's Sugar Free Splenda Sweetened fruit halves - use Peach, Pear, Apricot, or Pineapple Rings - well drained - I use halves where possible as it is beautiful
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Truvia or 1 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1 cup milk or half & half (do not use fat free version as it has starch and gums)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound POLLY-O original or part skim milk ricotta cheese (this is best supermarket brand, dont save a dollar and buy inferior cheese and do not use fat free as your dish will not turn out)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange the fruit halves or slices in a glass or ceramic pie plate that has been coated with vegetable non stick spray and set aside. In a blender combine the eggs, Truvia, milk, vanilla and ricotta and pulse or blend until very creamy and smooth. Carefully pour the creamy filling around the fruit so it is as undisturbed as possible. If your dish is large enough the tops should stick up through the filling, but if it does not, it is fine.
- Bake at 325 degrees 30 to 35 minutes until the filling is slightly puffed at wide edge, turns golden and is just set - meaning it should be firm, not jiggly when you gently move the pie plate from side to side - a little soft in the center is desired.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.