Jazzy SF Jam Bars
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
- 2 cups (10 ounces whole nuts) ground almond or pecan meal
- ½ cup Splenda or ¼ cup Truvia
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup sugar free preserves
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine pecan meal, sweetener and salt in food processor with egg white until mixture forms a soft dough. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet and shape into a 14 inch by 2 inch long log about ½ inch high.
- With a moistened thumb make a ½ inch deep trench down the length of the log. (I found it easier to roll dough into two shorter logs rather than one long one)
- Bake until dough is lightly golden and set, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove log from oven and spoon jam along the trench. Cool on baking sheet for ten minutes before cutting crosswise on an angle into 25 bars, each ½ inch wide.