This dessert is not what it appears to be! It is actually simple – a completely sugar free almond flour shortbread cookie spread with no sugar peanut butter cream as a base for flag inspired fresh fruit!
This is a Showstopper! It is super low in sugar with grams from just the fresh fruit and a cup of Cool Whip. Everyone will smile when they see your American Pie. It’s not super low in carbs and it has the cream cheese we tell you to not eat, but its not all for you, silly wabbit, it’s for the party!
- 1 large egg white
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup granulated Truvia or ½ cup Splenda
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- One 8 ounce package Reduced Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese - NOT fat free as it contains gums and starches
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries
- Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves - use a seedless flavor
- Blend egg white, almond flour, Truvia, almond extract and salt.
- Pat the dough into a round tart pan or a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden and slightly firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Whip cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth and fluffy using a hand mixer, fold in the Cool Whip. Cover and chill.
- To assemble: spread peanut butter cream to ¼ inch of edge of crust. Arrange fruit into flag design as shown. Melt preserves over low heat and glaze fruit with the back of a small spoon. Chill for about an hour before serving.