This dessert is not what it appears to be! It is actually simple – a completely sugar free almond flour shortbread cookie spread with no sugar vanilla cream as a base for flag inspired fresh fruit!
This is a Showstopper! Everyone will smile when they see your American Pie. It is super low in sugar with the few grams from just the fresh fruit and a cup of Cool Whip. It’s not super low in calories or a *free food*, but its not all for you, silly wabbit, it’s for the party!
We have changed this recipe to a much more streamlined lower in sugar carbs and calorie version, simply by using our Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix for the crust. It. is. fantastic!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- One 4 serving package of Jello Sugar Free Instant Pudding mix - Vanilla or Banana or Cheesecake
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed - use regular or sugar free as there is little difference between the two
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries
- Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves - use a seedless flavor
- Pulse the almond flour, Inspire pancake mix, salt and cold butter in a food processor until the butter disappears and mixture appears evenly moist. Add the almond extract and egg and pulse a few more times until the mixture comes together into a soft dough.
- Pat the dough into a round tart pan or a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden and slightly firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Whip pudding mix with milk until thick and smooth using a hand mixer, add the Cool Whip and blend on low until light and fluffy. Cover and chill.
- To assemble: spread the cream to ¼ inch of edge of crust. Arrange fruit into flag design as shown. Melt preserves over low heat and drizzle over the fruit with a small spoon. Chill for about an hour before serving.