Summer Steak Salad, we eat with our eyes & mouths!
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
I don't want to turn on the oven... or the grill... I just want to assemble a few crisp fresh ingredients with last nights thinly sliced steak to toss with some of my killer homemade blue cheese dressing! This meal can be scaled for how many you need to serve by making the individual piles of ingredients larger.
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Hellmanns mayonnaise
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Romaine lettuce - chopped
- Marinated roasted red peppers - diced
- Cucumber slices
- Campari or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- Left over steak, very thinly sliced OR deli roast beef
- Blend the blue cheese with the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon salt and a few grinds black pepper. Set aside.
- Get out your big wooden or glass salad bowl and make close piles of each element, paying attention to color - starting with the romaine.
- Add the blue cheese mash in the center of the vegetables and meat.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss at the table and divide between plates.