Learning to cook a fast healthy fresh bariatric friendly meal is a big part of longterm success. You have to feed yourself without fast food, drive thru’s, take out, frozen dinners, and processed foods. Don’t worry though, it’s easy to put everything on one ‘cookie sheet’, drizzle it, season it and roast it in a preheated 425 degree super hot oven. A meal in minutes!
- Have the person at the fish counter cut 6 ounce portions for you. One per person. I have two 6-ounce pieces of salmon for the two of us. After cooking it will weigh 4 ounces.
- Choose your vegetables. I am roasting Fennel and Asparagus. Fennel has a light licorice flavor and when thinly sliced and roasted is soft and sweet. Roasted asparagus are wonderful.
- Olive Oil, One Lemon – sliced, Salt & Pepper and a Seasoning Blend – Lemon Pepper, Tuscan, or Cajun.
- Arrange on sheet pan. I use parchment as it’s non stick and easy for clean up. Vegetables and Lemon slices on one side, salmon on the other. Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Squeeze a couple of the lemon slices over the salmon. Sprinkle everything with seasoning, salt and pepper.
- ROAST for 6 to 8 minutes in preheated screaming hot 400 degree oven. Vegetables should be slightly browned on edges and soft.
- How to tell if salmon is done. Press on the fillet with the back of a spoon and it will begin to separate into big soft flakes.
- Plate your wonderful dish!