No Crust Spinach and Swiss Quiche
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) freshly grated Swiss
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place your pie plate on a cookie sheet and lightly coat with non stick cooking spray.
- Sauté the onion in the butter until the onion is soft and golden. Add the spinach and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool while you prepare the custard.
- Beat eggs until well blended. Whisk in the milk, salt pepper, and nutmeg. Arrange half the cheese in the bottom of the prepared dish, add the sauteed vegetables, pour in the egg mixture to fill to the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until just set and slightly puffed around the sides as in the photo, but still a tiny bit jiggly or soft in the two inch circle of the center when you gently shake the oven rack. Usually a pie will bake for about 25 minutes, but begin checking it at 20 minutes and cook until it is done. Let cool for 15 minutes, cut it into wedges and serve.
- You will thank me for this easy meal once you taste this!