This is my French Yogurt Cake – perfectly lemony and delicious plain, but I added some vanilla cream since we are serving them for Easter.
This is the same cake I bake as a loaf, but portioned as individual cup cakes. I found the silicon moulds at TJMaxx for $2 on clearance and love them!
French Yogurt Cakes
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup Truvia sugar replacer
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange 12 individual silicon cups or spray a 12 cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together to combine in small bowl the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt - set aside.
- In a large bowl, with your fingers, rub together the lemon zest and Truvia. Whisk in the yogurt, butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend in the flour mixture. Fill 12 muffin cups evenly with batter. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until pale golden, top has risen, and thin skewer inserted near center of one cupcake comes out clean. Remove and let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving frost with whipped cream or Cool Whip if desired.