What’s wrong with Toast?

Frequently we have people who joined our groups asking for help to lose weight or their regain who fight with us to hang on to toast in their diets (or Tortillas, or Crackers, or Noodles or a bowl of Oatmeal) and get upset with us when we tell them NO.

no-toast

It is not our nature to ignore posts about bread, carbs, and mayonnaise when they have in fact come here asking for our help.

Sadly, the world is full of dieticians and nutritionists who do not make good recommendations for those who have had bariatric surgery so we don’t take comments and arguments like that kindly. What we do have is experience gleaned from years of dealing with tens of thousands of members and customers who live with this surgery every day just like we do.

Our Facebook groups are not an ordinary Support Group with free for all flow of good and bad ideas. We heavily edit, meaning we delete member comments WHEN THEY DO NOT ALIGN WITH OUR PROVEN PLANS.

We have a Plan that we follow and that plan doesn’t include bread – it’s really a low carb take no prisoners and even has a Back on Track component to put a smile back on a gainers face

We have all tried the bread substitutes and the leathery low carb tortillas (some of us lived through the 2008 to 2010 Livin La Vida Lo-Carb years) and all it got us was a 30 to 100 pound regain. Just try it OUR WAY… and if its not a good fit for some, I would like to think we can all be Cool and still be Friends when you look for another group.

JOIN BARIATRIC EATING SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK Click Here

CLICK HERE TO GET BACK ON TRACK JOIN NO MORE BARIATRIC REGAIN SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK No Regain Inspire

15 thoughts on “FAQ: What’s Wrong With Toast??? My Nut said I can have toast!

• Alison Garcia says:

Hi Robbie- toasted coconut is a seasonal flavor, and unfortunately gone for the year. But stay tuned, it may be back next season!

1. Michele Richmond says:

I noticed in this article that you mention no to a bowl of oatmeal, however I have also seen the recipes for the overnight oats. I have not tried them yet, but was wondering why no to 1, but ok with the other. Thanks for the clarification.

2. Katrina W says:

I’ve not had WLS @ this time but want to try changing my eating habits along with exercising. Where should I start? Do I need to do protein replacements? What about a realistic daily calorie intake? My goal is to get rid of 150 lbs and keep it off.

• Alison Garcia says:

Hi Yolanda, unfortunately BE does not ship outside of the US and Canada. Thanks for inquiring though. You can use any protein that is relatively low in calories, carbs, sugar, and relatively high in protein. Seek a whey protein isolate, that’s always a great way to go. -Alison

3. Debbie says:

I had my revision surgery on March 13, 2017. I’ve lost 65 pounds, only 5 this past month. My problem is, I am studying Spanish in Mexico and I do not like Mexican food! I’m in a 3rd world setting, so there’s no protein shakes, and very limited appliances. How do I get protein? Tortilla’s eaten with every meal. I need hel.p

• Marisa Ligons says:

Hi Debbie,

I would focus on trying to get in lean proteins – beef, chicken, fish. They can be easily grilled, baked, or pan-seared depending on the appliances you have access to. I would ditch the tortillas and use a lettuce leaf instead.