Roasted Cauliflower, chick peas and peppers come together in a light and fluffy dip that’s great with veggies or on it’s own as a small meal or side dish.
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus
Author: Suzi Shaw, Lead Admin Bariatric Eating Support Groups
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped roughly
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 Mini Bell Peppers, cleaned of seeds
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala (can be purchased in the spice section of your grocery store, but you can also swap for Greek Seasoning, Curry Powder or a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder and cumin)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- On a large sheet pan arrange cauliflower, chick peas and peppers.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil then sprinkle the Garam Masala or other spices over everything.
- Roast for about 15 min, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Chop the peppers and set aside
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower and remaining chick peas with the oil and add water in between pulses. Please note you may need more water or less, it depends on how smooth you want it.
- Once it's an even consistency place the mash into a bowl and stir in the peppers.
- Serve with cut veggies or a spoon
JOIN BARIATRIC EATING SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK Click Here