These little gems are so good you’ll make them every week.
The trick is to find the unsweetened coconut in your supermarket – it is often labeled as ‘dessicated’ or dried. Check the label and make sure sugar is not listed as an Ingredient. Mmmm, I love coconut!
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cornstarch, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and beaten egg white with the shrimp in a medium bowl until lightly coated. Place coconut in a second bowl.
- Take each shrimp and dredge in the coconut, pressing gently to adhere.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket. (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.