Crispy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside.
Tilapia is a mild white fish that is also budget friendly. This is a perfect first try for your air fryer as this recipe is simple and delicious.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into wide strips
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Mt Olive Sugar Free Pickle Relish, well drained
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place egg in a wide shallow bowl. In another bowl, toss the panko, Old Bay, and oil. Dip tilapia into egg, shaking off excess, then into panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and relish; season with salt and pepper.