A fabulous breakfast twist on an amazing recipe makes for a delicious start to the day. This is one pie your family and friends will love at your next Fall brunch!
- 1 package of Jones sliced ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix
- ½ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ cup water
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (Grating your own cheese is less expensive and no chemical additives. Use half of an 8 ounce bar of Swiss)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate, especially around edges, with non stick cooking spray.
- Saute the onions over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet for 5 to 7 minutes until tender.
- Add the ham and saute an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and spoon mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Combine Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix, milk, water, and eggs in a small bowl until blended, stir in the cheese.
- Pour over the meat mixture in pie plate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges.
*Optional: If desired you may add additional vegetables to the mixture. You may also top with your favorite hot sauce for an extra kick!