Perfect for Game Day, Pot-Luck Suppers or just a dinner with your family. This quick one-dish dinner is cheesy & a truly delicious protein packed meal!
Sweet & Smokey Chili Bake
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- * 1 pound ground sirloin
- * 2 garlic cloves, minced
- * 1 medium onion, diced
- * 1 small green pepper, diced
- * 1 tablespoon chili powder
- * ½ teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- * 1 cup tomato sauce
- * 1 can Bush’s Chili Beans
- * 12 ounce package of Mini Smoked Sausages, Lit'l Smokies by Hillshire Farms is a good choice
- * ½ cup low fat shredded cheddar, divided
- * 1 packet Inspire Protein Kitchen Southwest Corn Chowder
- * 4 scoops Inspire Protein Kitchen Sliver Dollar Pancakes
- * 1 can diced green chilis, drained
- * 1 egg
- * ½ cup water
- Optional: Finely chopped Chives or Green Onions to garnish
- Brown the ground beef, garlic, two thirds of the onion and the pepper in large frying pan over medium high heat until very soft and tender. Drain off as much of the fat as possible.
- Add the chili powder, salt, Worcestershire, tomato sauce and beans. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Arrange lil smokies on the bottom of a baking dish - cover with chili, scatter with ¼ cup cheese and top with remaining minced onion.
- In a bowl beat the egg, chilies, pancake mix, chowder, cheese and water together until well combined.
- Pour over chili mixture
- Bake at 400 F until hot and golden on top 15 to 20 minutes.