Lemon Squares, sugar free made with Truvia
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer (not the packets)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large egg yolks plus 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ⅔ cup lemon juice, about 3 or 4 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the flour, Truvia, and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer crumb to prepared pan and press firmly with flat bottom of measuring cup into an even layer over pan bottom.
- Bake until light golden brown - 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, whisk the eggs with the Truvia in a medium saucepan. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, beat for an additional 1 minute. Add butter and cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula until the mixture thickens to a sauce like consistency - about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour onto the hot crust and continue baking until the filling is shiny and the center seems firm but still has a slight jiggle, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut 5 by 5, so you have 25 pieces. The color of your bars varies depending on the color of your egg yolks.
- Dust with a little confectioners sugar or leave plain - depending on who will be eating them.