This hearty meal with flavor beyond belief has a secret that everyone will want to know. The secret? That it has fewer than 2 carbs per serving as we’ve made its beautiful golden tortilla with Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix.
- Combine the egg whites and the pancake mix along with a pinch of salt and pepper, in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into a large nonstick preheated skillet and turn to cover entire pan bottom.
- Cook over medium heat until crepe is solid yet very slightly shiny on top.
- Remove from heat and with a thin spatula loosen the edges of the crepe around the edges and gently slide onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper.
- Layer the spinach, chicken and drizzle with ancho-guajillo sauce.
- Carefuly place your hands under the sides of the crepe and fold the edges towards the middle, then with your thumbs lift the bottom of the crepe and fold it over the middle and sides. Then roll to finish.
- Garnish with cheese and additional sauce if you like. Slice in half at an angle and serve.
- This is a complete one handed meal. No need for additional side dishes.
Once your egg crepe is cooked, cooled and removed from the pan it should look like this.
Remember that overfilling the crepe will cause it to break when rolled, less filling is JUST as satisfying, don’t worry. This is a generous sized meal as it is.
BEFORE PROCEEDING PLEASE REVIEW THE BURRITO FAQ:
Can I use a low carb tortilla instead? No you may not. That is not this recipe. While I understand the ease of products like that, if we could use Low Carb Tortillas successfully we wouldn’t have 95% of Post-Ops experiencing a Regain at one point in their journey.
What can I use instead of the Inspire Pancake Mix? Another Recipe. In this case the Pancake mix provides enough stability for the egg crepe to be rolled without cracking while keeping the carbs to a bare minimum. If you choose to go rogue and make your own idea up we cannot say with any certainty that the outcome will even be edible.
Can I use another kind of protein? YOU BET! 4 ounces of cooked sliced steak, 4 ounces of cooked shrimp or fish would be exceptional in this dish.
Help! When I rolled my crepe up it fell apart! Cut everything up and eat it from a bowl – it will still be delicious. Next time: try using a slightly smaller pan to cook the crepe in, make sure you are not over cooking it, and please do not over fill the crepe. Too much filling WILL cause the crepe to split apart.