Make Taco Pie, a Kiss – Keep It Super Simple – Supper!
A pound of ground beef and four ingredients you probably have in your kitchen – in 15 minutes you’ve got a delicious home cooked supper in the oven that your family will go LOCO for!
I’ve used Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix in my pie, to give the illusion of a ‘bread layer’ without the carbs. The Inspire Pancake mix is PERFECT in this dish as it blends easily with the milk and egg to create a batter… the bit of garlic powder, sharp cheddar and scallions offset the subtle sweetness.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix
- 1 cup loosely measured shredded Cheddar cheese - 4 ounces
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Taco garnishes - avocado, black olives, salsa, reduced fat sour cream, lettuce, diced tomato!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown the ground beef over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet; drain off any fat. (I even use a paper towel and kitchen tongs to sop up any fat at the bottom of the skillet.)
- Stir in the taco seasoning. Spoon mixture into the pie plate and set aside.
- Blend the milk, eggs, pancake mix, cheese, garlic powder and scallions in a small bowl - pour over the beef mixture in the pie plate.
- Bake until golden crust forms on top, center no longer jiggles and sides are slightly puffed - 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate wedges of the pie and top with the things you love on a taco.