I can make a fast version of this dish on a weeknight, or a slowly marinated version on a weekend when I have more time. Both are delicious. Serve with a tomato olive feta salad! Yum.
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One whole chicken, cut into 12 pieces - cut breasts in half, leg, thigh, cut wings
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ¼ inch wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat. (IF TIME PERMITS, marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange the chicken on the sheet pan with the onion and lemon wedges. Drizzle with bowl marinade and sprinkle with a few big pinches of oregano and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.