Here is another way to make Suzi's Skinny Strawberry Pie that's perfect for a holiday presentation!
If there is such a thing as a DIET PIE, this is it. Like we said, and it bears repeating, this dessert is pure genius. This version involves a trip to Walmart to pick up a box of ready made tarlet shells from the baking aisle, fresh strawberries, and a box of Sugar Free Strawberry Jello powder. Boom. Oh yeah... one needs to procure a can of Reddi Wip!
- One box Sam's Choice Tartlet Shells - there are other brands but I grabbed these at Walmart
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular (yellow bag)
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced - you want small pieces of berry so your tartlet fills up without air space
- One, .30 ounce package Sugar Free Strawberry Jello gelatin powder (that is the small, four serving size)
- Reddi Wipp aerosol Cream or Sugar Free Cool Whip
- Arrange the tartlet shells on a tray that will fit in the refrigerator.
- Blend the Splenda and cornstarch with 3/4 cup cold water, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stir frequently with rubber spatula and cook until clear, glossy and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar free Jello powder, blending until completely dissolved and smooth. Add the diced strawberries to the warm mixture in the pot and gently fold to coat. Spoon into into the tartlet crusts. Chill two hours or overnight until firm. Serve with whipped cream.