This dessert is actually simple - a sugar free shortbread cookie, spread with no sugar vanilla cream, as a base for flag inspired fresh fruit!
A Summer Showstopper! Everyone will smile when they see your American Pie. It is super low in sugar with the few grams from just the fresh fruit and a cup of Cool Whip. It's not super low in calories or a *free food*, but its not all for you, silly wabbit, it's for the party!
The secret ingredient is our Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix for the crust. It. is. fantastic!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Pancake Mix
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- One 4 serving package of Jello Sugar Free Instant Pudding mix - Vanilla or Banana or Cheesecake
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed - use regular or sugar free as there is little difference between the two
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries
- Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves - use a seedless flavor
- Pulse the almond flour, Inspire pancake mix, salt and cold butter in a food processor until the butter disappears and mixture appears evenly moist.
- Add the almond extract and egg and pulse a few more times until the mixture comes together into a soft dough.
- Pat the dough into a round tart pan or a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden and slightly firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Whip pudding mix with milk until thick and smooth using a hand mixer, add the Cool Whip and blend on low until light and fluffy. Cover and chill.
- To assemble: spread the cream to 1/4 inch of edge of crust. Arrange fruit into flag design as shown.
- Melt preserves over low heat and drizzle over the fruit with a small spoon.