This version eliminates the 'frying' step, instead the eggplant is roasted, which concentrates the flavor. While not traditional, I love the added ricotta 'lasagna' layer that serves as the protein. I like the eggplant to shine, so I do not add too many herbs or spices. A wonderful dish!
Weekends can bring an especially tricky series of events that are more than just a little tempting.
Super tender... you can mash the beef cubes with a fork. Perfect for bariatric eating. I serve with a side dish of pan roasted parsnips & carrots - boil peeled vegetables until tender and finish to golden in olive oil salt and pepper. Delicious.
This Italian dessert is a light spoonful of soft gelled pudding that instantly melts into an explosion of smooth cream when it hits your tongue.
I recently read a study outlining the habits of thousands of regular non-wls people who have lost significant weight and kept it off. There were a few interesting patterns that jumped out for me.
Jicama (pronounced HEE-kah-mah), also called a Mexican Potato and Mexican Turnip, is the name of a native Mexican vine and most commonly the plant's edible root.
Learn to live without the bread, rice, tortillas, crackers and macaroni. Once you've tamed the habit, they become a choice instead of a compulsion and no longer rule you!
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
This is also called Spatchcocking, I don't know WHY, but it is! I put the game hen on my cutting board and with my big chefs knife cut through the breast bone and then flatten it out. You can also ask them to do it for you at the meat counter in your supermarket. I love Cornish Game Hens, they are super juicy.
You can literally have this in bowls on the table in ten minutes. Your family will love it too! Serve with turkey sandwiches for the rest of the clan.
One of the hardest situations Post-Ops face is relearning how to cook and feed their family.
There's a really popular trend sweeping our Facebook Support Groups, Meal Prepping!
A Perfect Blended Inspire Drink is what icing is to the cake - it puts it over the top!
On days we play golf with other couples, I sometimes make a no sugar sweet - just a simple brownie or cake I can serve with a scoop of Breyers No Sugar Vanilla.
- Most Popular Recipes
- Susan Maria & Admin Rants
- Staff Favorite Foods
- Bariatric Survival Tips
- New Post Op? Read this!
- Bariatric Friendly Summer Eats & Treats!
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipes: Entrees
- Recipes: Soups & Stews
- Recipes: Side Dishes
- Recipes: No Sugar Desserts
- 28 Days of Inspire Diet Suppers
- Inspire Diet Success Stories
- Real Talk, a Bariatric Eating Podcast
- Eggplant Ricotta Bake
- EPISODE 5: What About the Weekend??
- Hungarian Beef Stew... Melt in Your Mouth!
- Cappuccino Panna Cotta - sugar free
- Broccoli... good food or punishment?
- Do you know about Jicama? WHAT IS IT?
- 7 MORE, Yummy No Bread Foods!
- Sheet Pan Greek Lemon Chicken
- Sheet Pan Meal: Spatchcocked Game Hen
- Roasted Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese - Easy Peasy!
- Learn to Cook: Sheet Pan Meal
- EPISODE 4: Is Meal Prepping Ruining Your Life?
- Inspire Whipper!
- Coconut Snacking Cake - No Sugar Added
- Thai Peanut Sauce for Chicken Lettuce Cups or Skewers.