It is all about the presentation - and this dish is impressive for very little effort. Get out that gorgeous giant platter or salad bowl that you love but never use. If you are saving it for a special occasion; this is it! Everyone loves an Italian antipasto and this is the perfect offering for those who are new to the kitchen. People will rave over your beautiful and delicious Italian antipasto!
Make this your signature party dish - cart all the deli containers and jars to the location to assemble just before serving. I serve my antipasto early in the day for all to eat while we are cooking the main dinner. You can easily double the amounts for a crowd. I like to refresh the platter after an hour by adding more, instead of making the first platter bigger.
I even take a sharp knife and small cutting board so I don't bother the host. I can just clear some space and begin. People gather around while I assemble this dish just waiting for a taste... its quite the show. I love it and so will you!
- One 4 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces black olives, from the deli
- 6 ounces green olives, from the deli
- One 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Bocaccini fresh mozzarella balls - bite sized pearls
- One jar marinated mushrooms, sliced or halved
- 1 cup bottled mild or hot banana pepper rings, or pepperoncini peppers, drained
- ¼ pound Boars Head Genoa salami; thinly sliced
- ¼ pound Board Head Picante Provolone cheese - I ask for one, 1 inch slice and cut into cubes
- One stick Boars Head pepperoni, thinly sliced by hand – do NOT buy pre-sliced
- Newmans Own bottled Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- Gather up all your containers, jars, and packages of ingredients on the counter or table just before you are ready to serve - this salad tastes and looks best when the items are freshly arranged. This dish is not an exact science – if you can’t find an item you can leave it out or use something similar.
- Arrange little piles of each of the artichokes, black olives, green olives, roasted red peppers, banana pepper rings, cubes of cheese, pepperoni slices and matchsticks of salami, in your big bowl. Put something red next to something green - make it colorful. Drizzle the piles of vegetable delights with a bit of the dressing. Serve immediately.