So easy and delicious! When you make this a few times you will have it in your back pocket for a quick to the table supper to warm up a sandwich.
- 4 cups prepared chicken stock - Swanson Natural Goodness is excellent
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Bring soup stock, grated ginger and soy sauce to a boil. In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Stir until dissolved. Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring the stock - cook until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Pour in the eggs slowly while stirring the soup in the same direction.
- The egg will spread and feather. Turn off the heat and simmer for a few moments.