Our Famous Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
To Crust, or not to Crust? The classic Libby's recipe that our grandmother's used - but without the sugar.
I use Splenda as it works well in custards. No need to reinvent the wheel here folks. This is simple goodness at its best.
Make this with a crust OR WITHOUT depending on your use. My husband does not think it is PIE unless it has crust, so for holidays I make this pie using a Pillsbury All Ready Crust and it looks super homemade. (gasp, I would never use a frozen stamped crust.)
- 1 can Libby's Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Carnation Evaporated Milk - NOT condensed milk which is a completely different product
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend pumpkin with the sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, clove, and salt.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into prepared pie crust OR a 9 x 13 oblong glass baking dish or a round glass pie plate and bake until custard is set near center, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Cut and serve with a little bit of Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream.