These perfect bites really taste like a bite of a California Roll made with shrimp.
A wonderful appetizer for a bariatric post op and anyone else within a few feet.
A cooked form of 'sushi roll' that all your guests will love to try. Not too spicy, a perfect burst of shrimp and avocado with a crunch of cooling cucumber and spark from wasabi and Sriracha sauces. Yum!
- 12 large raw shrimp, cleaned
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 hothouse or English cucumber, cut into 12 half inch rounds
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into 12 pieces about the size of your shrimp
- Wasabi sauce (available in jar/bottle or blend 2 teaspoons wasabi with 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 teaspoon mayo, season with salt & pepper)
- Sriracha sauce
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sear in a screaming hot pan for just 30 seconds on each side, until just cooked through.
- Remove from hot pan so they do not overcook.
- Cool and toss with just a few drops of stir fry sauce.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a decorative tray, top with a shrimp, avocado piece, a dime sized drop of wasabi sauce, a squeeze of Sriracha sauce.
- Skewer with a bamboo pick. So easy. So yum.