Susan Maria Nunziato Leach
Easy, snappy and beautiful. Doesn't get any better for a hot appetizer platter for a party or a quick family supper. Small plates rule for bariatric eating.
- 10 chicken tenders, usually in packages of 7 to 10 - if large, cut lengthwise
- Bamboo skewers
- Italian seasoning blend - or just salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat broiler or outdoor grill.
- Thread the chicken tenders on the skewers, season on both sides, arrange on sheet pan and set aside.
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small pot, reduce heat and simmer until thick and syrupy, 8 to 10 minutes and set aside.
- Toss the diced tomatoes, parsley, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken skewers 3 minutes per side, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Arrange on a platter, scatter with seasoned tomato bruschetta and drizzle with the balsamic syrup.