A perfect gift or item to take to an office party or family gathering. Absolutely delicious! Salty and sweet, this no sugar confection will make you feel as if you are part of the celebration!
Pick up fancy holiday tins or boxes at your local craft store or Dollar Store for a buck, a few sheets of tissue, and you have a superb gift for a very small amount of money that people will truly LOVE. This is what holiday gift giving is all about - not iPads!
- 10 Pretzel Rods
- 10 ounces Valor, Guylian, Ghiradelli, or Dove Sugar Free Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Gently melt chocolate in a shallow dish in microwave - I melt it in a non stick skillet over low heat.
- Place sheet of parchment paper or foil on counter top.
- Place nuts in a thick layer in a rectangular shape the length of the pretzel on one side of the parchment.
- Grasp pretzel by the end and roll in the chocolate to coat, leaving the 2 inches of naked pretzel where you are holding it.
- Lay the coated pretzel on top of the nuts, tapping slightly to embed in the chocolate. Turn to coat each side until chocolate is covered in nuts.
- Place the nut covered pretzel rod on a clean section of parchment to firm up – in minutes they are ready to pack in tins.
No nutritional value whatsoever – this is a holiday nibble to make you smile at a party.