After bariatric surgery we’ll have holidays and events to celebrate every year for the rest of our lives. Hundreds of special times with family and friends that all include special meals. What does a post op do?
If you decided it would be okay to have 'just a spoonful' of your favorite foods for each celebration, you'd be in big trouble rather quickly. Not. A. Good. Plan. After Easter, there is Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, and it goes on and on until you hit The Holidays. Add in your birthday, family birthdays, anniversary, vacations, random weddings and baby showers and you would be eating away at your weight loss with your spoon!
PRO TIP: I used to add one or two bariatric friendly dishes to the usual ‘feast’, but I have recently moved to an even more radical zone. I serve a plated sit down meal just like a restaurant! I love my family but the only home made dishes at our last 3 last holiday meals were ones I brought. I am owning being judgmental, but your holidays have morphed into giant buffets of ready-made food from COSTCO served up on the plastic trays they came with, it's time to reel things in.
I have featured 2 plated Easter meals that are absolutely delicious and completely bariatric friendly – ham and lamb. Best of all is that you can make them for one, two, or ten people. Everyone at the table will complement you on your wonderful restaurant meal! We also have a few appetizers and fabulous no added sugar desserts to take with you - a prerequisite for an invite! Have a wonderful Easter!
Easter means one thing to sugar addicts... its the season for the Holy Grail of candy, Cadbury Creme Eggs!
- Most Popular Recipes
- Susan Maria & Admin Rants
- Staff Favorite Foods
- Bariatric Survival Tips
- New Post Op? Read this!
- Bariatric Friendly Summer Eats & Treats!
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipes: Entrees
- Recipes: Soups & Stews
- Recipes: Side Dishes
- Recipes: No Sugar Desserts
- 28 Days of Inspire Diet Suppers
- Chocolate Cream Pie - No Sugar Added
- Lets Make a Quiche
- A Tale of Two Suppers
- Breakfast Muffins
- Ham and Egg Cups
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Tomato Cucumber Salad and Corn
- Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder - Heat & Eat - The Inspire Diet
- Sheet Pan Meal: Chicken & Corn Roast
- Minestrone Soup - Italian Summer Garden in a Pot
- Chili Dog Bake
- Let's Make Supper - Grilled Ham Steak & Green Beans
- Green Beans with Mushroom Sauce - Homemade Green Bean Casserole
- Let's Make Supper - Grilled Chicken, Broccoli, and Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Let's Make Supper - Grilled Italian Chicken Sausage, Sauteed Chard, and Tomatoes
- California Shrimp Citrus Salad