I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggnog but the supermarket kinds ALL have too much sugar.
Even the new almond milk eggnogs are not for people who have had obesity surgery - the serving size is just 4 ounces and no one drinks 4 ounces. There are containers of eggnog in every variety for every dietary need – EXCEPT SUGAR FREE.
Here is your no sugar eggnog. It tastes as good as it looks! Yummo. It’s not calorie or carb free, so have a small cup and sip slowly for maximum enjoyment! Buy a whole nutmeg and grate it fresh - do not buy pre-grated nutmeg. It makes a huge difference. Badia brand packages 2 or 3 whole nutmegs in cellophane for under a dollar. Merry Christmas.
- One 1-ounce package Jell-O sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 5 cups low fat milk
- ¼ cup rum – or ½ teaspoon rum flavoring
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg – add more to taste
- Land O’Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- Place the pudding mix powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Blend in the rum, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Cover and chill before serving; best when flavors can blend overnight.
- Serve in small ½ cup portions topped with a squirt of Land O'Lakes sugar free whipped cream and a little freshly grated nutmeg.