Mindful Summer Eating! We all look for something fast fresh and light to the table this time of year and this is it!
The other day at Fresh Market, packages of house made Crab Cakes in the Fish Market section were buy one get one free... that was four for $8. I grabbed a few salad ingredients, including a ripe mango and a container of yogurt and when I hit my front door we were eating in minutes. This is mindful summer eating! This would be a FIFTEEN DOLLAR restaurant salad. Enjoy it in your home.
Perfect bariatric eating. The dressing is the real gem in this dish... its delicious and keeps you moving in the right direction!
- Crab cakes - I used fresh but Phillips brand are available at Costco in the freezer case
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk or water to thin dressing
- Baby Spinach
- Grape tomatoes
- Whole pecan halves
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a nonstick skillet and brown the crab cakes. (I add the pecans to the pan and toast them as well, removing to cutting board when done)
- Whisk the ranch dressing powder into the yogurt, thinning with the milk (if needed) to pourable consistency. Set aside.
- On a dinner or salad plate, mound 1 cup spinach leaves, 1/4 cup diced mango, a few grape tomatoes and the pecans. Set the crab cake to the side. Drizzle with the healthy and totally delish ranch dressing. Dust with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.