Bake these as small puffy powdered ‘sugar’ dusted rounds, or as traditional gingerbread men… either way these are a winner.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup Truvia or Whey Low or Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream the butter and Truvia.
- Stir in the molasses and ¼ cup water.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl, and add to the wet ingredients.
- Blend until soft dough forms.
- Using a 1 ½ teaspoon metal ‘ice cream’ type scoop, or teaspoon place small round portions 1 inch apart on a lined or well greased cookie sheet.
- Chill dough several hours or overnight. Roll out ¼ inch thick. Cut into circles, trees, or gingerbread men using cookie cutters.
- Place on well greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until, when touched lightly with finger, almost no imprint remains.
- Leave on baking sheet 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.