My Grandmother was the best cook, this simple salad is one that I remember from parties she hosted. "Luncheons" as she would call it. It's something I make frequently and I love it with any protein, or as a nice light lunch on it's own.
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 small shallots, sliced thin
- 4oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl mix yogurt, vinegar, dill, Truvia, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Add cucumbers and shallots, stir well to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Before serving stir well, the mixture will be a little thinner, then top with fresh chopped dill.
The longer you let the salad sit the stronger the flavors will be. My personal favorite timing is to prep it early in the morning with the intention to eat it with dinner. If serving for lunch it will be slightly crunchy but still very delicious!
Here we've paired this salad with a thinly sliced chicken breast that was seasoned with the following before being roasted in the convection oven:
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder